Sunday, March 8, 2009

Clever as FOX

Any time I read comment threads or internet message boards, I find a vocal minority who are completely batty. (On some boards, they're a majority.) Nothing is too outlandish. The economic meltdown is Obama's fault; creationism should be taught in science class; taxes should be abolished; climate change is a conspiracy by scientists to get more funding; all moslems hate freedom; our soldiers can only win if we publicly support them; Jesus loves you but if you don't praise him he will torture you for eternity; and on and on... I enjoy debating, but faced with such "arguments" I hardly know what to say. I used to keep a set of e-ripostes to cut-and-paste whenever I saw the same old drivel, but now I rarely bother. As they say, "don't try to wrestle a pig; you'll both get dirty, and besides, he enjoys it."

No comments: